Thoughts and other trivia...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Poles Apart

Discovering something about yourself is not nearly as dramatic as one may have imagined this sort of thing to be. What it is, however, is a double-edged sword, liberating on the one hand and overwhelming on the other.

Of the two things that I've only just found out, I must confess, I've been very reluctant to admit the first to myself until now. But, then, it's also something that I can quietly live with and, so, it's alright. I can simply put it down to what is explained away as the second strike in Sonny's take on life and things. The other one, which does seem to explain a lot of things now, however, isn’t something to live quietly with :-)

Although I need to get it all out of my system, I'm not sure I want to talk about either right now. In any case, I’ll talk about the former only over my very dead and unmoving body :-) The latter? I don't feel up to it at the moment but, knowing me, I may just pick up the phone on an impulse tomorrow and talk to someone. But, again, knowing me, I may not. Either way, writing about it is a start, I guess.

I knew I had something in common with VVG!


3 Comments:

Blogger A K said...

Hey! You're the Ghostof TomJoad who wrote a comment about this article on abuse, right?

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/drkaitycama/blog/Childhood-Sexual-Abuse-Practical-Spirituality20

Completely agree with your views on the article and writer, pal.

The anger that comes through your response and the passion in your writing tells me you are a victim yourself. I am also. You may not think so and concede it but the memory is still very much alive inside you - your response is very personal and written from heart and from experience. I can sense your pain. You need to address the problem as soon as possible. You have to let the wound heal.

We have a help group and if you ever decide and want support in your healing process you can contact me on janusami@gmail

God bless!
AK

7:59 pm  
Blogger Ricercar said...

eerie resonance. yes i know the feeling. i am torn between the desire to talk to someone and the inability to do so - the inability that is born of many factors.

not sure what VVG is!

good luck :-)

9:12 pm  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

Ricercar: Sorry about the delayed response...not been logging into the blog lately.

Inability to talk? You mean unwillingness to talk :-) If you need to get it out, talk.

VVG is cough-VincentVanGogh-cough ;-)

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home