Thoughts and other trivia...

Friday, June 24, 2011

Bleak House

Many years ago, when I was struggling with a big dilemma, a friend insisted we seek the wise counsel of the I Ching. (Yeah, I know.) Not having had another occasion to renew what I can now only recall as foggy acquaintance, and if I remember right, the I Ching works in rather cryptic ways. When confronted with my query, it responded, well, cryptically. I was told that, essentially, I'm a nomad. This made far more sense at the time to my friend than it did to me it did to me. Because, as far as I can tell, it's only my mind and attention that wander more than the rest of me!

But, as it turns out, the old foggy may have been prescient, after all. Because, as it turns out, suddenly, like a nomad, I don't belong anywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maia said...

The I Ching? Hmm, never tried that myself but I've heard it's pretty complicated.

But, being a nomad is as much a physical thing as it is mental, right?

10:51 am  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

That's what a friend said, that it's mental too. And, I agree :-)

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home