Thoughts and other trivia...

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Teach Your Children

One of the earliest lessons I learned in life was when I was still in school. In Class 7, we got a new Geography teacher, the very stylish Mrs S. On her first day with us, she said something that I, clearly, haven't forgotten to date.

To a twelve-year-old, the pearls of wisdom that burst forth from her gorgeous mouth were a tad scandalous and, for the same reason, it may not be very appropriate to quote her verbatim here. But, to temper her words with a modicum of reserve, the gist of it was: When you're getting screwed, you might as well enjoy it.

I can't honestly claim to have evolved to the enlightened state where I can fully enjoy it. But, I'm working on it. And, in the meantime, yeah, I am getting screwed :-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home