Thoughts and other trivia...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Open House

A long time ago, during a particularly bad phase, the one thing that I was absolutely sure of was that things would never get as bad as that again. In fact, until recently, I was convinced that it wasn't possible that they could. Ever. But, then, last year happened.

The last twelve months and a bit have all been about loss at various levels and, I think, a far more difficult time than that long-ago period.

And, it has also proved the theory that - this will be music to those people (those annoying people) who insist on looking at the brighter side of everything, including the deepest black - things are never as bad as we make them out to be during a crisis. Because, as I'm finding out now, although we don't know it at the time, worse is always ahead of us ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Maia said...

Completely agree about the annoying people :) But, seriously, whatever it is, I hope it works out well

11:26 am  
Blogger FireOpal said...

Remember: if theese can go wrong...they will.

4:02 am  
Blogger jabs1960 said...

Jan. 17th of this year, 2011, my mother was rushed to hospital in Florida, ailment unknown...Jan. 24th, I had my gall bladder removed...Jan. 25th my apartment flooded, and I had to move...six days later, my mother was air-lifted up to Canada, where she was fully insured for hospital care, I, with no home, had to care for my father, who had dementia. We stayed in an apartment my folks summered in. Nine days later, Feb. 9th., my mother was diagnosed with Cancer, stage four, prognosis: six month to one year to live. My father was hospitalized March 21st, low blood count, routine transfusion, the day before his release, he caught Pnumonia, and died four days later, March 30th. I was supposed to move into my new home April 1st, but had to post-pone due to dad's funeral. I moved in April 20th, and on April 21st, I severely pinched a nerve, left upper thigh...lasted 101 days. Mom was released from hospital at the end of April, to a nursing home, and three weeks later, she fell down while going outside for a cigarette, and broke her hip...back to hospital for four more weeks. She was released June 23rd, into a hospice, where she died July 5th. This year, 2011 has been hell for me, and my siblings. There have been other griefs in between those dates mentioned, and since July 5th, that I simply cannot spend the time explaining. I have a hard time believing I am not cursed. I don't know what 2012 will bring, but I pray it isn't grief.

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home