Thoughts and other trivia...

Friday, December 30, 2011

May Your Moon Never Hang Low

There I was, all resolute and prepped-up to be more spontaneous about stuff. I got egg on my face for it just recently but, nevertheless, I was determined that it wouldn’t stop me...not with other people, at least. And, here I am now, completely unable to act on the resolution.

I’ve just found out something about someone I used to know a very long time ago. She’s a lovely, lovely person, always ready with a big, winsome smile. She belongs to the category of people I can like instantly. The kind that, according to me, have goodness written all over them. And, I used to really like her.

I’ve just found out that she has cancer and that it’s not looking good. I’d like to be able to reach out and be supportive, to help in any way I can, but I don’t think I will. I can’t! Because it’s never as simple, is it? There’re these damned complications, the protocols...arrgh!

I really, really wish it works out for you, C. Hope you get well and spread a lot more sunshine! For whatever it’s worth, my best and sincerest wishes are with you.

And, for whatever it’s worth, I wish for lasting happiness, good health and greatest peace in the new year, and forever, to those I hold close. Glad tidings and the very best.

2 Comments:

Blogger austere said...

Are you sure sure you can't reach out?

then just maybe set your good wishes free on the wind, and they'll reach.

I'm sorry.

7:31 am  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

I can...meaning, it's not an impossibility but there are complications. I really would but you know...

Yeah, that's what I do!

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home