Thoughts and other trivia...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blog to Remember

“I don’t know why you even bother,” someone said to me on FB recently. “Why do you bother with the blog when no one even visits?”

It’s true because, although I continue to post here, I haven’t been blogging in the real sense of the term for a while. With the exception of one blog that I still follow, I don’t visit any other blog now and, barring an occasional visitor, usually a stranger, no one drops by here either. But, that’s quite alright with me. Oddly, however, I’m putting up posts far more frequently now than I ever did when I was blogging actively!

Back then, there were dozens of posts, many of them only half-written, that I had saved off-line. And, when I lost some of my data recently, I lost all those posts and half-posts as well, which was very annoying because writing helps to remember, and connect with, stuff. These posts, and now the songs, help to remind me of what I may have been thinking or feeling at a particular time. Not all of it is good and not all of it is positive but I still want to remember it all.

So, that’s it...I think now I just blog to remember! And, who knows, there may just be a Proustian memory in there as well!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Sanjana said...

not true that only strangers visit. i check your blog regularly.

11:30 am  
Blogger A K said...

Wasn't gonna comment or ask you again but since you mentioned memories and remembering.......I think you need to unlock one particular memory. In your comment on the article you only said that victims grow up with confusion and self-loathing...... why dont you want to give yourself a chance to address that? Come and just listen to what other victims of abuse like you have to say.

God bless!
A K
janusami@gmail.com

12:23 pm  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

Sanjana: I didn't say only strangers visit but that, among those who visit, most are strangers. I KNOW you visit because you mentioned a cryptic post a few days ago. But, yes, I didn't know that you check often.

And, of course, you know the one blog I still follow ;-)

8:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home